Jameson P. Wells ("Jamie") was raised in Skaneateles, New York, and Charlotte, North Carolina. He graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with honors in International Studies and thereafter received a Masters in Public Administration from the University of New York at Albany. Jameson later received his J.D. Degree from Albany Law School in Albany, New York in 1983. After graduation, Jameson returned to Charlotte to start his career as an attorney. After working briefly as a law clerk with Weinstein & Sturges, P.A., in 1984 he opened his own general practice on East Trade Street in Charlotte in what then was referred to as the "Law Building.” He continued to engage in the general practice of law for several years with an emphasis in business and corporate law, residential and commercial real estate, and estate planning.
Jameson has gained extensive experience across a broad range of legal services while serving clients throughout his thirty plus year career. The following list illustrates the nature of his work during that period has:
· Incorporated nearly 400 new corporations and limited liability companies.
· Formed several NonProfit organizations and achieved 501(c)(3) IRS tax-exempt status for those entities.
· Handled numerous corporate asset and stock purchases.
· Provided legal representation for clients in relation to a vast array of real estate concerns, including drafting purchase agreements, conducting commercial closings and refinances, condominium formations, and the preparation and review of residential and commercial leases.
· Provided estate planning and related estate documentation for several corporate owners.
· Drafted wills and trusts for hundreds of individuals.
· Drafted numerous documents during ongoing representation for small business and corporate clients, such as employment agreements, corporate policy manuals, non-competition agreements and vendor agreements.
· Advised numerous clients considering the purchase of franchise business opportunities and handled their ongoing representation.
· Served as counsel for a North Carolina Charter School.
· Engaged in numerous forms of litigation for business clientele in the state courts by both advancing and defending claims against third parties including class action litigation.
Jameson's experience includes all manner of small business representation, commercial real estate, estate planning and probate law, and nonprofit law.
Jameson received his licensed to practice law in both North Carolina and New York State in 1984. He is licensed to appear before all North Carolina District and Superior State Courts, all North Carolina State appellate courts, as well as the United States District Courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina.
Jameson is a former board member of the Mecklenburg County Bar, a former board member of Friendship Trays, a Charlotte based nonprofit organization, and a former board member of the North Carolina Board of Science and Technology, having been appointed by the Speaker of the North Carolina House of Representatives. He is also a former board member of WTVI, the Charlotte based public television station.
Jameson is married to Cindy Wells and they have two children and live in the Plaza-Midwood community.
Contact Jameson at firstname.lastname@example.org
New York and North Carolina, 1984
Albany Law School at Union University, Albany, New York, 1983, J.D.
University of New York, Albany, New York, 1980 (M.P.A.)
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1978, B.A., With Honors
Major: Political Science and International Studies
Paralegal Program/Civil Litigation, Central Piedmont Community College
NonProfit Law, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
NonProfit Law, Duke University NonProfit Certificate Program
Professional Associations and Memberships:
Mecklenburg County Bar
North Carolina Bar Association
North Carolina State Bar
New York State Bar
Areas of Practice:
Business and Commercial Law:
Secured Transaction / UCC
Limited Liability Company
NonProfit and Tax Exempt Organizations
Directors and Officer Liability
Subchapter S Corporation
Annual and Special Meetings
Wills & Trusts:
Health Care Agents
Power of Attorney
Trusts (Revocable and Irrevocable)
Estate and Tax Planning
Life Insurance Trusts
Credit Shelter Trusts
Real Estate Law:
Commercial Real Estate
Residential Real Estate
Landlord / Tenant
Real Estate Litigation
Property Tax Law
Contact Jameson at email@example.com